Post Primary Support Services: News
Biology Support Continues:
Congratulations to all the Biology Facilitators and Associate National Co-ordinator Mary Lee for the production once again of a revised Teacher Resource 2010. Over 700 teachers of Biology will attend the evening workshops in Education Centres thoughout the month of May where this new resource will be dessiminated and evaluated.
- The SLSS is pleased to announce an expanded service of support for teachers from September 2009. This is provided for by the establishment of four new pillar groups: Languages, Mathematics and Science, Business and Enterprise, Cultural and Environmental. Click here for further details
- All schedules for the second term 2009 -2010 school year are now available on this site. If you are a Teacher or Principal then click the icons on the right. This allows you to check, plan and print out inservice details offered to you and to each of your individual schools as they are finalised.It can't be simpler, with just one click you can plan your inservice details from January to June 2010.
- Individual sites are provided for each programme and subject area. Click on the navigation tool bar on the top of the screen above or the tab at the bottom of the screen.
- The SLSS in association with the Office of the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs have just launched a new Student Council Website. Click here or on the image below
Learning School Project
Region 4 Learning School Project was conceptualised as an action research project that would enable participants, organisers and policy makers to reflect together on the experience and implications of this new mindset. The aims of the project were to:
- develop an increased awareness of what constitutes a learning school
- support school-based activities promoting the ongoing development of the learning school
- enhance the capacity of individual teachers to contribute to the learning school
- nurture teacher leadership in schools
For the final report of the Academic Advisor to the Steering Committee click here
Comenius In Service Training Grant – For the Professional Development of Teachers
Comenius In Service Training provides funding for teachers, language teachers and other educational staff to undertake general in-service, language training or job shadowing for their professional development. The training can last up to 6 weeks and must take place in another eligible European country. It can take the form of a structured course, a placement or job shadowing, attendance at a conference or seminar. There should be a strong European focus to the activity, and in the case of language training the course should provide teaching tools and methodologies, rather than pure language skills.
Courses can be found on the Comenius Grundtvig Training Database https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/llp/istcoursedatabase/
SLSS.ie Navigation | TY | LCVP | LCA | JCSP | CSPE | English | Physics | Chemistry | Biology | Maths | Home Economics | Gaeilge